- All sales are final.
- We guarantee items for authenticity. However, since most of our pieces are over 100 years old, it is your responsibility to inspect pieces for nicks and scratches that are normal for antiques of that age.
- We do not restore but can provide reputable referrals. Antique items have normal wear due to age and use. Since quality or condition is subjective, all pieces are sold "AS IS".
- Chandeliers, sconces, and fixtures do not come with ceiling covers or medallions, chain, light bulbs, screws, crossbars or other accessories required for installation. These are readily available at most hardware and lighting supply shops. However, we offer a small selection of ceiling covers (canopies) and chains to accommodate last-minute projects, they are sold separately. Your electrician should be knowledgeable about what you need for your specific wall or ceiling in order to adapt the fixture or wall sconces.
- We do not deliver. If you require a professional mover, we can recommend packing and moving companies that may offer transportation insurance. Not all third parties offer liability, please make sure to review their policy prior to booking. We are not responsible for any damages that may incur during the packing, handling, shipping, transportation process, or any other event.
- We do not sell on an open account. Pieces that are not paid in full, cannot be removed from the premises.
- Purchases must be picked up within our 30-day storage grace period. We will charge a $20 late daily fee per item immediately after the storage grace period ends. An additional 10% will be added to the late daily fee 30 days after the storage grace period ends. The item(s) will not be released until the late daily storage fees are paid in full.
- Payment options include cash, personal checks, Visa and MasterCard. There is a processing fee of 3% on credit card payments. As a legitimate business, state sales tax is collected and reported. If your purchase is for resale purposes, we need verification of the tax ID number assigned to your business.
- We can reserve an item without payment for 5 business days after which it will be made available for sale.
- There is a fee of $25.00 for returned checks.
- Antique Resources does not offer shipping. If you require a professional mover, we can recommend packing and moving companies that may offer transportation insurance. Not all third parties offer liability, please make sure to review their policy prior to booking. We are not responsible for any damages that may incur during the packing, handling, shipping, transportation process, or any other event.
- The customer can choose a shipper or moving company of their choice. Antique Resources recommends using someone with experience handling antiques or a reputation for handling fragile items.
- A Bill of Lading or Shipping Invoice will be required from the shipper. Please email Antique Resources the required documentation at least 24 hours prior to collection to [email protected] All shippers or movers will have to sign the shipping invoice agreeing that all the details listed in the document are correct and that they have received every item and package listed in complete and in good condition, absolving Antique Resources from any liability.
- The purchaser must contact the shipper of their choice and provide them with our store hours so the pickup can be arranged within those hours where they allow themselves enough time to securely pack and inspect the items. Please inform us at least 24 hours prior to the agreed upon date and time that has been arranged by you and the movers.
- Items must be packed by the person/shipper picking up the purchased item(s). Therefore, shippers will have to include this service. Most movers will not insure an item unless they have inspected and carefully packaged the item themselves. The person picking the purchased item(s) is solely responsible for the safe packing, loading, transportation, and will need their own vehicle, packing materials such as blankets, rope, and other necessary supplies.
- Your purchase should be scheduled to be picked up at our location, 1741 W. Belmont Ave. Chicago, IL 60657 anytime Tuesday - Saturday from 11am - 5pm, CST. Allow enough time to securely pack and inspect the items. Please inform Antique Resources at least 24 hours prior to the agreed upon date and time that was been arranged by you and the movers.
- Purchases must be picked up within our 30-day storage grace period. If an item is not removed, we will charge a $20 daily fee per item. An additional 10% will be added to the daily fee after 30 days have passed. The item will not be released until the late daily storage fees are paid in full.
Our largest percentage of customers involve interior designers. Therefore, Antique Resources has decided to provide them with an exclusive trade discount. For larger sales, trade discount might vary. Please contact us for more information and details.